Monday, December 10, 2007

I Am What I Think

You know it has been said that each one of us have thousands of different thoughts to go through our mind on a daily basis. The type of thoughts that these may be is determine by your belief system. Each one of us had a time when we may have been having a conversation with someone on a certain subject, and in our own mind was thinking during or after that conversation, was that person for real, can they really believe what they are saying. Was what they were saying that unbelievable or was our own belief system so one sided that we could not be open to their view. The real question is should we begin to question our own belief systems. I believe as individuals with free wills and minds of our own we should at least find answers to how our belief systems were formed. For example what we were taught to believe in this country, in religious beliefs, or social beliefs may not be the same things that were taught to someone in another country. The question then becomes, who beliefs are the right ones, theirs or ours. I have personally preferred to come to the conclusion that both might be wrong. No I have not gone off the deep end but I have begun to think outside the box. It has made things a little more complicated, but I have found a peace within me that in the pass never existed. My thought development began with meditation, which taught me to focus within my mind and learn to control my thinking process. I would encourage you all to seek knowledge and begin to open your minds to new ideals.

1 comment:

Keesha Washington said...

I really like this entry. There are so many rich ideas and beliefs in this world, and none are the final truth, but all should be respected or at least considered.

Many Blessings to you,
Keesha