Saturday, February 2, 2008

When I Win the Lottery

Wow it would be great if I was to win the lottery, I would buy this, and I would buy that and most of all I would live a dream life. Would you believe that most people who play the lottery have these dreams?
I am not knocking their dreams, but what I am saying is that if the lottery is the only thing that they are counting on in order for things to be better in their lives they may be setting their selves up for a major disappointment. Yes I know someone wins it, and yes you can’t win it if you don’t play. Do you know there are individuals that put hundreds of dollars in the lottery each week? I am talking about just single individuals.
I know you would say that you would never do that, but 5, 10, or 20 dollars is not that much. Now if you take those amounts and multiply them by 52 weeks in a year, you would have 260, 520, and 1,040 dollars by the end of a year. I know that those amounts don’t come close to the millions that you would have if you was to win the lottery but those small amount would be better then a bunch of worthless pieces of paper that you have be accumulating over the year.
Do you know why lottery jackpots get so large in short periods of time? It is because million of people weekly put their small amounts of money in on this same dream. I am not telling you stop playing the lottery but what I am saying is don’t let it be your life only hopes and dreams.

No comments: