Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Praise and Worship

I believe that when it comes to praise and worship in Christian Churches it should be considered like preparing a field before the planting of seeds and that it must be done properly, if not you could not expect much growth from the seeds that are to be planted.
Through my experiences of being a regular church attendee and also being an observer of human conduct in and outside of the church atmosphere I am oblige to write this article.
Over the last year I have studied development of the human mind through techniques such as Meditation, Neuro-linguistic programming,and Hypnosis, and through my efforts and the personal impact that these techniques have had on me I feel that if church leaders were to implement this methods into their programs that it would have profound results in their congregation abilities to receive and retain more of their teachings.
Recently my church worship leader during one of our Sunday services use all of these techniques, I am sure this was without her knowledge of it. Let me explain, right after we had just finish one praise song our musician begin playing some very soft music at that time our P & W leader instructed the congregation to shut our eyes and begin taking our minds off of anything but the vision that she was instilling in our minds, with the soft music, her voice and instructions it was magical. Me being the observer that I am I did glance around to notice the effect that this had on other members and it was unbeliever.
I have came to the conclusion that if Praise & Worship leaders were to implement these methods into their services not only would it be of benefit to them but also to the entire church congregation.

No comments: