Friday, February 8, 2008

Idealist, Realist or Your Own Choice

These are some of the titles that people are given or have tag their self with. Here is the Encarta Dictionary definition of a Realist;

1. pragmatist: somebody who only considers things as they are or appear to be, and avoids ideals and abstractions
2. adherent of realism: somebody who practices realism in the arts or believes in philosophical theories of realism

Now here is the Encarta Dictionary definition of an Idealist;

1. impractical person: a perfectionist who rejects practical considerations too much of an idealist to compromise with her opponents
2. somebody with high ideals: somebody who aspires to or abides by high standards or principles
3. philosophy believer in idealism: a believer in a philosophy holding that material objects do not exist independently of the mind

Now when it comes to definitions of anything, who is to say that the meaning should be what it says. If I would need to carry a tag, I would call myself a Creator, this is because my ideal of reality is that I create what I think, what I feel, what I do, and most of everything else that happens in my world when it comes to me. Life begins with creation
and everything around it, so I choose that title.

No comments: